Be a part of the excitement!
Business Development Executive
We are looking for a high-energy, high-performing, driven and outgoing individual to join our growing sales development team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in networking, cold calling, advertising and other means of generating interest from potential clients. The BDE will work to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Research, identify and qualify prospects
- Heavy prospecting of target accounts is expected
- Actively engage with leads supplied through company’s inbound marketing strategy
- Maintain communication with prospects through educational email and phone
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of conversations/notes in Salesforce
- Weekly activity goal to identify qualified opportunities
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of employee benefits product sales experience is preferred
- Carrier experience moves you to the head of the class
- Proven track record of success in hunting/prospecting leads
- Candidate must be located in the Dallas area
Seeking professional proofreader/copy editor, who is available to work on-site at our downtown Dallas, TX office during business hours as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that requested edits, are applied, and skilled at flawlessly catching all errors, including those related to typography, spelling, formatting, and consistency of style and content. Must have familiarity with AP Style and the ability to quickly learn and apply client brand standards and brand style. Should also have the focus and insight to recognize potential errors in fact and logic when they occur. Experience proofreading a wide variety of fast-turn jobs in a high-volume agency environment preferred.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Must be able to work on-site during business hours at our Dallas, TX location
- Strong experience with AP standards in proofing and editing including print, collateral and web
- Superior attention to detail and expert-level command of written communication
- Experience with both marking up PDFs in Adobe Pro on-screen using ProofHq/Workfront proof a plus
- Ability to proofread/edit in a variety of formats and media, including PDF, PowerPoint, web pages, and Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with design and typography fundamentals
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, manage and efficiently complete multiple projects to meet shifting needs and deadlines
- Must be able to work in a face-paced environment
- Ability to work independently from others with little or no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Availability to work varying shifts with little advance notice a plus
- Experience using a Mac computer
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism is highly preferred
- Minimum of three years of proofreading or editing experience
- Previous agency experience
- Note: This is not a writing or project management position.
- You won’t work in a cubicle – we actually have a corner office with a lovely downtown view!
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- 401(k) company 4% contribution
- Company provided garage parking
- Complimentary weekly fresh fruit
- Complimentary healthy snacks
- Competitive salary for the right candidate